In this fast growing realm, it becomes so difficult and complicated to sustain and maintain one’s lifestyle. People need to work eighty hours a week just to uphold their status. They feel their feet trapped under the demands of society and culture. At the times of economic uncertainty, fears appear to be taking their toll on their health, well-being and finical status. So it becomes important to be self-sufficient to save money and sustain under any situations to meet their basic requirement without public subsidies
A person who is addicted to country life or one who lives in urban or rural communities both can adopt various measures to have a self-sufficient and simple living. How, where and what one can to do to become self-sufficient is his personal subjective. Though this method takes the time to exercises, once you reach there it can be quite liberating. It is not difficult for those who have the time and readiness
Self-sufficient and simple living can encompass of various things. One can seek to deal with the chaos of common life like putting away their cell phone, rushing out from their hectic schedules, etc. They can prepare their dinner by using herbs cultivated in their own garden. Learning various calm, meditative skills like candle-making or crafts, or tending bonsai plants for survivalism. Some other measures that one can espouse to become self-sufficient are as follows:
- One can grow, raise and preserve food
- One can use solar cooker to make food
- One can collect and conserve water
- One can use solar water panels in their home’
- One can domesticate chickens for meats and eggs
- One can domesticate sheep’s for wool and meat
- One can domesticate cow, goat for their daily needs
- One can learn various method of food preservation
- One can make his own furniture’s using tree branches and waste materials
- One can produce his own electricity and fuel.
- One can make and repair tools
Advantages of self-sufficient and simple living:
- bring a sense of freedom to one’s life
- reduce your dependency on money
- reduce stressful work schedule
- no impact of local or regional emergencies
- the sense of personal accomplishment and satisfaction,
- Create a positive, healthy attitude.
- Lead to learn various survival skills
One can get a variety of methods by reading self-sufficient and simple living blogs and article online. There are many dedicated website indexes on the internet that can provide complete information on various methods one can espouse to become self-sufficient despite the lack of knowledge, space, time or money. Such blogs and article foster caring advice on how one can become more self- sufficient and less dependent on the economic system job market, government and any other system that seeks to control their individualistic autonomy. One should truly consider what values he holds and should develop them to become the best and self-sufficient they can be.